We are presently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor for our Kerry based clients. Duties will include preparing and collating accurate, detailed and timely tenders based on drawings, specifications, bills of quantities and other information so as to secure profitable work orders. This involves sourcing subcontractor and supplier quotations, analysing information for ambiguity, risk and qualification and seeking clarification where necessary. You will work both in a team and on your own initiative and will have excellent IT skills include familiarity with MS office applications including Excel and a QS or related packages like Qubit, Buildsoft.
What you’ll need for the role:
- Have more than 2 years’ post qualification experience in Estimator Role/Quantity Surveyor
- Have thorough knowledge of building regulations and guidelines
- Have a proven ability to manage all Aspects of Tendering Processes
- Proven track record of Managing projects from Start to Finish
- Have a track record of successfully dealing with Sub-contractors and suppliers
- Performing risk, value and management control.
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- Preparing final accounts
- Providing advice on contractual claims
Ideally you will have:
- Degree in a Construction Related Discipline
- Have relevant experience in Buildings and Commercial projects
- Have a flexible approach to work and an ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Manage multi-faceted projects whilst ensuring all deadlines are met
- Experience in measuring of live projects & involvement in developing claims
Salary is in the region of €40-50,000. For Further information please share your CV via email or contact me on 0646622007.