Red Chair Recruitment, are presently recruiting for Numeracy Coaches or Math Teacher Trainers for both Primary and Secondary Schools in the Sultanate of Brunei Darussalam.
The Government of Brunei Darussalam are presently raising standards of Numeracy for all pupils in the state school system. To support this, an ambitious new programme has been launched that will accelerate the development of Numeracy skills in all schools, ensuring its young people reach their full potential whether they are planning to enter further or higher education or the local employment market.
The total Project length is for three years with start dates of January 2018.
As an experienced Teacher, you will be expected to work collaboratively with teachers in Brunei and will be responsible for building capacity and abilities of local teachers which will then support the improvement of Numeracy skills for students. This role will be based in Brunei, and you will be working as part of an international team of approximately 30 people initially. The Sultanate of Brunei is considered to be one of the best places in the world to live. Salaries are TAX FREE, cost of living is low and the way of life is very rewarding and relaxed.
- To enhance local teachers’ effective literacy teaching practices and skills
- To work with teachers and teacher training graduates in Developing strategies to support best international Teaching Practices.
- Work closely with teachers and graduates in observation, planning, provision of all lessons.
- Develop teachers’ and graduates’ pedagogical content and knowledge
- Work alongside existing or newly introduced Ministry of Education teaching initiatives
- Assess the progression and performance of all teachers
- To support a whole school approach to literacy teaching and learning
- Develop the capability of school managers and executive leaders to deliver professional training to their staff.
- Offer Monitoring and Evaluation to all teachers
- Offer Professional Development on an ongoing basis
- To help further develop all materials for literacy.
Essential Qualifications and experiences:
- 6+ years teaching experience in either Primary or Secondary school setting ONLY considered
- Experience as a recognised school literacy expert / Mentor / Head of department considered a huge bonus
- Experience of quality assurance and monitoring processes
- International Teaching experience highly desired
- Experience in delivering professional development programmes to primary and/or secondary school teachers
- Extensive knowledge of literacy teaching and learning practices
- MA or BA Degree qualified preferably in Education or Math, and only from an accredited Universities in Canada, Australia, Ireland, UK, New Zealand or the USA Will be considered ( No on line qualifications accepted)
- Teaching Qualification (PGCE, Teaching Credentials) Essential
Package on offer:
- Up to 3 Year contracts
- Free Medical Insurance
- Free Housing provided
- Flights to and from country of origin on a yearly basis
- Allowances for School costs for dependent children
- TAX FREE Salary of £40,000 GB Pounds, $52,000 US Dollars, €45,000 Euro, $68,000 CAN, $67,000 AUS, $70,000 New Zealand.
- Increments offered for specific qualifications and experiences.
If this superb post is of interest to you, please send on CV along with cover letter, scanned copies of degrees and passports to me directly at email@example.com and we can schedule a Skype call to discuss further.
We Get People,
Red Chair Recruitment, Recruitment House, 91 New Street, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Skype: redchaireducation LinkedIn: – http://ie.linkedin.com/in/adrienking feel free to get connected with me