Red Chair Recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Clinical Nurse Manager – Anaesthetics and Recovery, for our clients based in Kerry.
The fundamental philosophy guiding this position will be to promote and preserve the missions, values (Respect, Justice, Compassion, Integrity, Innovation, Quality & Stewardship) and ethos, by the effective delivery of the mission objectives. The Clinical Nurse Manager will be responsible for the management of the Recovery Room Unit, directed towards the highest standard of patient care, staff welfare and staff training in the department.
- Ensure that agreed standards of practice within the Recovery room and Operating Department are practiced and maintained.
- Keep abreast of developments in current practice relating to the specialist area of Recovery Room Nursing and to be constantly aware of the need for self-development.
- Ensure that all steps are taken to promote and maintain safety in the unit.
- To be responsible for the custody, storage and registration of all drugs and other medicinal products used within the Recovery room in accordance with current Codes of Practice.
- Participate in discussions with other healthcare professionals in order to pass on relevant information.
- To ensure allocated staffing duties are carried out and control rota, work lists and annual leave arrangements. To liaise and report annual leave requests to Theatre Manager.
- To work closely with multi-disciplinary teams within the hospital, to improve processes and practices and to identify areas for quality improvement.
- Take charge of the Recovery Room and be responsible for such managerial duties necessary to maintain the efficient working of the Department.
- Participate in the introduction of new staff, nursing and non-nursing, to their duties.
- Co-operate with the Theatre Manager and appropriate personnel to ensure that all steps are taken to safeguard welfare and safety of Recovery Room staff and others.
- Participate in the appraisal of staff where appropriate.
- Be aware of financial resources and constraints and respect confidential information obtained in the course of professional practice.
- To maintain appropriate records and documentation.
- Ensure that nursing care is planned, assessed, delivered and evaluated on an individual basis for each patient, by all members of the nursing team in the Operating Theatre.
- Ensure that the relevant staff are adequately informed of the patient’s medical and social history, fears, queries, religious beliefs and concerns.
- Be a Registered General Nurse on the live register of nurses maintained by An Bord Altranais or be entitled to be so registered and have one or more of the following – a post-registration qualification in Recovery room technique, a post-registration qualification in Anaesthetics / Recovery Room, a management qualification or a Critical Care/HDU qualification
- Have a minimum of 3 years post registration experience in a Recovery Room setting.
- Have demonstration and practical experience of preceptorship, teaching and assessment of students.
- Demonstrates a complex knowledge of anaesthetic and post-anaesthesia care unit nursing supported by both experience and utilization of specific theatre equipment and knowledge.
- Assist in achieving high morale with the Recovery Room / Operating Department based on fair and clear staff relationships.
- Assist in ensuring that communications within the department are good. Encourage and maintain good communications with nursing and non-nursing staff and disciplines.
- Caution, correct and guide staff when required and have the ability to build, lead and manage a team.
- Demonstrate strong communication, organisation, management and influencing skills.
- Have a flexible approach and attitude in relation to working hours, responsibilities and duties
- Have an awareness of current and emerging nursing strategies and policies in relation to the clinical / designated area and the ability to maintain a specific appropriate environment that promotes safety, security and optimal care for patients at all times.
PACKAGE ON OFFER
- Competitive Salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Statutory Holidays
If you have 3-5 years experience and qualifications outlined above, please send on your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.
We Get People,
International Recruitment Consultant
Red Chair Recruitment, Recruitment House, 91 New Street, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Skype: redchaireducation LinkedIn: – https://ie.linkedin.com/in/neil-buckley